What do you think you will be dealing with as part of the organization and what will be your respective duties and responsibilities while contributing as a volunteer?
Commitment to the cause along with the amount of time you can allot are important in deciding to c=be a volunteer for any organization or not. Inquiries and clarifications are encouraged to understand their expectations from you and their services for you.
You are expected to:
- Know and understand the organization’s background and the policies concerning the volunteers;
- Be oriented with the organization and the necessary training for the role provided;
- Familiarize yourself with the policies or protocol of the organization in handling any complaints or concerning issues;
- Request for needed reviews and evaluations regarding of your performance;
- Ask for support and guidance for your role as a volunteer;
- Inquire for reimbursement procedures for any expenses made under work-related activities as a volunteer of the organization.
You are responsible for:
- Avoiding tardiness and absences on your volunteer shift or duty;
- Being reliable at all time;
- Reporting any concerning issues that can possibly affect your duties as a volunteer;
- Fulfilling the assigned and directed duties;
- Accepting the guidance provided by the supervisor or Volunteer Coordinator;
- Learning and participating in meetings, orientation and training programs;
- Recognizing the paid staff’s role while establishing a good working environment and maintaining the boundaries of your role;
- Keeping the confidentiality of any sensitive information of the organization;
Following the procedures and policies set by the organization.