- Organization: Central Neighbourhood House
- Date Posted: 2020-01-07
- Date Needed: 2020-02-22
- City: Toronto
- Location: Ontario
- Country: Canada
- Primary Category: Event Assistant Positions
- Type of Position: One day or Less
Description & Details
Role as a volunteer:
Central Neighbourhood House (CNH), a century-old multi-service agency, located in downtown Toronto. Their services include support for community, community capacity building, programs for children and youth, programs for women, Daycare Centres, development programs and recreation.
CNH is currently looking for ‘Special Event — Repair Cafe Volunteers’ in helping with various duties on hosting the upcoming ‘Repair Café’ on September 21, 2019.
The Repair Café is a place wherein fixers and members of the community, who need things repaired, gather and meet. Whether it can be an electronic product, clothes, bicycles, compact household appliances, the members of the community at the Repair Café can find the tools and the personnel needed to fix their items.
Being a ‘Special Events Volunteer’ at this gathering is a great opportunity to know your community along with the flexible commitment!
- Assist with pre-event set-up and post-event clean-up as well as various duties during the event including greeting, serving refreshments and snacks, handing out/collecting printed material
- Help to provide a friendly and positive experience for event attendees
- Report to the Community Development Coordinator and will work under the direction of staff who will provide task-specific training/direction
- Report incidents to staff on duty
- Follow all agency policies & procedures
- Works well independently and also a team player
- Enjoy working various types of people under busy circumstances
- Relatable and engaging kind of friendliness
- Can judge a situation and create solutions to problems
- Dependable, punctual & committed to scheduled shift
- Excellent communication skills with a commitment to anti-oppression principles
- Experienced in working within diverse cultures and communities
Commitment: 2 to 3-hour shift between the hours of 10am – 5pm
How to Apply / Contact
Contact Volunteer Coordinator via email: firstname.lastname@example.org OR Tel: 416-925-4363 x117