by Caleb Workman
The Lance – News Editor
The University of Windsor held its fourth annual Employee Awards Reception last week to honor and celebrate the university and its employees.
The awards are given to individuals or teams who work to further expand on or achieve the university’s vision and goals and to recognize over-and-above contributions from UWindsor employees. This year, the awards included the Service Excellence Award, for individuals, teams and the first five years of employment, Excellence in Leadership Award, the Impact Award, the “U” Make a Difference Award, the UWindsor Spirit Award and the Excellence in Health & Safety Award.
Marcela Ciampa, manager of employee engagement and development said there were about 120 present and recipients were vetted through established criteria and reviewed by the Employee Recognition Committee.
“These awards support the university’s mission, vision and strategic priorities,” said Ciampa. “They reinforce the importance of service, innovation, teamwork , leadership, safety and community involvement.”
- Service Excellence Award (Individual) – Arpa Smith, Team Leader of Client Services and Information Technology Services
- Service Excellence Award (Team) – Faculty of Graduate Studies and Office of Quality Assurance team (Team members: Alison Samson, James Gauld, Debbie Kane, Christine Maitre, Svetlana Georgieva, Erica Lyons, Lisa Timperio, Barbara Zimmerman, Nancy Steeves, Carrie Carr & Angie Penev)
- Service Excellence Award (The First 5 Years of Service) – Dana Wiley, Undergraduate Secretary of Sociology, Anthropology and Criminology
- Excellence in Leadership Award – Jessica Raffoul, Teaching and Learning Research and Communications Coordinator for the Centre for Teaching and Learning
- Impact Award – Michelle Freeman, Associate Professor and Graduate Coordinator of the Faculty of Nursing
- “U” Make a Difference Award – Russell Nahdee, Coordinator of the Aboriginal Education Centre
- Excellence in Health & Safety Award – Trevor Pittman, Concert Producer and Operations Manager of the School of Creative Arts
The Employee Recognition Committee will be hosting their 25 Years of Service Reception April 29.