There is nothing more student friendly than a microwave-based dinner. This snazzy sweet potato recipe can easily be prepared in the microwave with a prep time of just 20 minutes, or you can also prepare it in the oven for a crunchy outer shell. Either way you decide to do it, this recipe will satisfy any craving and it’s light on your wallet.
1 sweet potato
1 tablespoon of butter
2 cloves chopped garlic
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1 tablespoon of lemon juice
1 pinch salt freshly ground pepper
1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
1. Poke a well-rinsed sweet potato several times with a fork. Wrap it in a paper towel and place in the microwave for eight minutes, checking and turning occasionally.
2. Chop your garlic and gather all of your other ingredients as the potato is cooling off.
3. In a microwave-safe small mixing bowl, add butter, chopped garlic, oregano, parsley, basil and lemon juice. Stir the mixture and put in the microwave for 30 seconds. Once the mixture is melted, stir it all together with a fork and add in the Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.
4. Slice open the sweet potato and divide it into two. Place on a microwave safe plate with the fleshy orange part facing upward. Take a fork and slightly mash up the potatoes with the outer skin still intact.
5. With a spoon, evenly distribute the butter and herb mixture over each of the potato halves. Feel free to mash it up more with a fork so that every crevice gets filled with the flavor. Place in the microwave on high for 1-2 minutes, to melt the cheese. Let it cool and enjoy.
For more recipes like this one, visit college.biggirlssmallkitchen.com.