While chips and salsa can be a huge crowd pleaser at a party or small get together, why not try to impress your guests with this quick and easy recipe that will leave them wanting more? If you’re anything like me, you like your Mexican food, but short of going to Taco Bell and getting a bucket load of tacos, this is our next best option – and trust me, it’s much cheaper.
2 8-Ounce packages of cream cheese, softened
1 1-Ounce package of taco seasoning
1 10-Ounce can of Rotel (diced tomatoes and green chilies) drained well
2 – 3 Cups of finely shredded cheese
6 10-Inch flour tortillas.
1. With an electric mixer, beat cream cheese on medium until fluffy.
2. Add taco seasoning and mix well.
3. Spread cream cheese and taco mix on to each tortilla evenly.
4. Sprinkle your tortillas with your Rotel (diced tomatoes and green chilies mixture) and top with shredded cheese.
5. Roll each tortilla tightly and then roll in plastic wrap – Lay a section of plastic wrap on the counter, place your roll-up length-wise on it at the edge closest to you. Bring the side of the plastic wrap up and over the roll-up and wrap as tight as you can. Then grab the loose wrap on each side like handles and roll the roll-up away from you to make it tight.
6. Refrigerate 4-6 hours and when ready to serve, slice in to pinwheels.
For more recipes like this one, visit southyourmouth.com.