This is a Perron Family original recipe, created by my very own mother. How she came up with this idea I will never know, but it’s the perfect dessert recipe for someone on a tight budget looking for a way to satisfy that sweet tooth!
2 jars/containers of Marshmallow fluff
(We typically use a 9 inch round pan)
Chocolate Cake Mix
¼ Cup of melted butter
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Mix equal parts marshmallow fluff with peanut butter. This part can be tailored to your liking either way, using slightly more peanut butter for peanut butter lovers – you do not have to make it exact!
3. In a bowl, combine melted butter with chocolate cake mix, adding the cake mix gradually until it’s moldable – similar to the way you would combine graham cracker crumbs and butter for a cheesecake. Press the chocolate cake mix in to the cake pan, forming a crust for your cake.
4. Pour your peanut butter/marshmallow mixture on top of the crust, spreading it evenly around the cake pan. Sprinkle any extra crust on top as a topping.
5. When finished, bake in the oven until golden brown. Allow time to set and cool – You must allow the melted marshmallow to set and harden prior to serving.