If you’re anything like myself, you have a sweet tooth! After all, stressed is desserts spelled backwards. There is nothing better than some light and fluffy cinnamon sticks, with a side of cream cheese frosting to boot. Here is a quick and easy recipe, which only takes about half an hour to make! It’s the perfect study snack.
Ingredients for Breadsticks:
1 Can of Refrigerated Breadstick Dough (12 Breadsticks)
3 Tablespoons Butter
2/3 Cups sugar
1.5 Tablespoon Cinnamon
Ingredients for Cream Cheese Icing:
2 Ounces Cream Cheese
2/3 Cups powdered sugar
2 Teaspoon milk
¼ tsp. vanilla
Instructions for Breadsticks:
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Melt the butter in a small bowl. In a separate bowl, combine the cinnamon and sugar.
3. Unroll and separate the breadsticks on the counter, stretching them slightly. Dip each stick in to the butter and then roll in the cinnamon sugar. Fold each breadstick in half and twist together, then place on a cookie sheet. Repeat with all breadsticks.
4. Bake for 12 – 14 minutes until cooked thoroughly but still soft.
Instructions for Cream Cheese Icing:
1. Soften the cream cheese, then beat or whisk together with frosting ingredients.
2. Place in a plastic bag and then cut off one corner.
3. When twists are done baking, “pipe” the frosting out on to them.
For more recipes like this one, visit itsalwaysautumn.com.